Thursday, July 26, 2007

that's a bitchin' camaro!

I, admittedly, am not a fashion plate by any means. I mean, I know what looks good and what doesn't, but I'm not overly concerned with what's new and hip (does anyone say that anymore or did I just really prove my point when I didn't mean to?). I never really think about it because my wardrobe consists mainly of black tshirts, shorts, jeans, and the occasional khakis or some similarly colored/styled "nice" pants. I like it this way because it keeps all that pesky decision making at 4:30 a.m. to a minimum. And, I've never had to think about it when it comes to getting haircuts because either there was a girl there telling me how to cut it or what would look good, or the stylist knew me well enough to say "this is what we're going to do, you'll like it." Besides, I thought hairstylists were like doctors with some kind of Oath that says they won't intentionally let you look bad when you leave. Maybe not. They should have one though. Apparently, they need one. The lady that works next to me got her hair done yesterday and boy did they do a number on her. She looks like she has a Def Leppard tape I need to borrow. Oh. My. God. If she had some acid washed jeans on, it'd be like a time portal in here. Actually, I'm sure there's a pair in her closet waiting (working?) for the weekend. Don't get me wrong, I love all things 80s. But, there's a line when it comes to hairstyles. Unless it's a mohawk or something equally wild...I always wanted blue crazy hair like the dude from the Cure...but I digress. How can the stylist knowingly commit this act of fashion murder? I think she went to high school with the stylist, so maybe they were just keeping it real and harking back to the good old days or something, but damn, man. When she got back yesterday, my friend and I were leaning on the big processor in my office and had to turn and run back into my cube to keep from busting out laughing. So far today, I've kept contact to a minimum because I'm not over it yet. I figure it'll be at least a week. Til then, I'm turning up my Van Halen and livin' on a prayer .....

xoxo,
J.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

I, too, am a huge 80s fan. But some things, like hairstyles and shoulder pads, should never make a comeback.

Ha Ha Sound said...

True, but I'd love it if Miami Vice styles came back. Who wouldn't want to walk down the street in a white suite with a turquoise short sleeve shirt on underneath? While living on a sailboat with an alligator, no less.

country roads said...

of course! without the gator and the boat, though, it's a moot point.

Nicole said...

I don't know, I kinda dig the white suit!

country roads said...

at the risk of embarrassing myself, I'll admit I totally had one around that time period. And, I actually wore it a couple of times.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap - did you just reference the Dead Milkmen in your title? Awesome. They have a Trivial Pursuit 80's Edition out now. I'm so buying that and throwing a party. I'm a dork.

onthevirg said...

Ahhh...it brings my back to my times in high school w/ the Bosworth haircut. Good times indeed.

TK said...

Wait... acid washed jeans are out of style? Oh, shit! No one told me. Now I feel like an asshole.

Seriously though. My philosophy on barbers is the same as my philosophy on bars. Find one you like when you move to a new town. Go there regularly until they know your name, and you no longer have to ask for what you like... they just know.