Friday, July 6, 2007

Every day is the first day....

Ok, I said I wasn't going to talk about work, but damn. I can't help it. There's this punk working here that can barely string a coherent sentence together, but then when he tries to do math or sort more than one order at a time to put on the printing press, it totally fries him out. And then you have to take him by the hand and literally put his hand on each plate for each run. I have never in my life seen a 20 something person so retarded. I'm waiting to have to spoon feed him his lunch one day. Ah, the corporate world. I seriously feel myself getting dumber some days around these idiots.

Speaking of Imbeciles On Parade, next week is the local Lawn Party/Carnival...it's a small town occurence all over the place around here every summer with rides and games and whatnot, but man does it bring the freaks out from under their rocks. People that haven't been to town in a year come out and it really is a sight to see. And, the food kicks ass. I used to be a carnie once upon a time (and stop picturing Joe Dirt....although I knew guys that looked like that) and the best part was the eating! Well, that and being able to work while you were drinking.....

Also in the works is a trip to Baltimore to see the Orioles and the Yanks play. Normally I wouldn't go because I don't like either of them, but, you see, a girl invited me. A girl. Getting tickets all on her own and fired up to go...invited ME. So, um, yeah...I can't turn that shit down. I mean, I don't know any girls that will watch baseball on television...much less drive 2 hours to see a game live and then want to go out to bars that night. I'm in HEAVEN. I can't wait til college football starts up. Hopefully most of my Saturdays will be booked. It's been a long time since I could say that I was looking forward to spending the weekend in front of the tv with a girl. ha! But, that's very far in the future at this point and I don't want to make plans nor do I want to get excited about something like that. But, we are both English majors and have a lot in common. See? There I go again. The next thing you know, I'll be planning the next year around her and will be screwed again. And not in a good way. Easy, boy. Easy.

In the meantime, however, I have to start packing my house up as it's supposed to be sold on August 1st. This is a scary thought. Not so much getting rid of the house because I never really liked it anyway, but the whole starting over thing again. Scarier yet is that I have no idea where I'm going after it's sold. Luckily, I can crash at my dad's for a month til I find a place. How sickening is that, though? 33 years old and moving home again. But, hey, the food's good and it's free, so it can't be all bad. And, it's only for a month, so I can hang in there that long. Or, rather, he can tolerate me for that long. Now I just need to get up off of my ass and start packing stuff and taking trash away so I don't look like my neighbors, the Beverley Hillbillies. I grew up in the country, but man am I sick of these backwoods bastards. Being from the country is one thing, but being ignorant is a whole other ball of wax, ear wax that is...(cue BH theme music here).

If I soon don't get over this sinus thingummy I have going on this week, they're going to find me with my ears cut off like Van Gogh trying to release the pressure in my head.

No comments: