Thursday, June 28, 2007

I don't know where I'm gonna go....

when the volcano blows!

that's right kids, I'm off to see Jimmy Buffett today and can. not. wait. It's been 7 years since I've been to a show and oddly, I'm not a lot different now than I was then. Of course, my life's turned upside down at least twice in those 7 years, but me? Nah...still the same. Obviously, there will be scads of flowered shirts, tacky costumes, and women that shouldn't be wearing bikini tops, but there will also be lots of beer, a couple grills, and a few women that should be wearing no tops. Yeah, I'm pretty excited. Plus, you just gotta love JB's music. And, yeah yeah...some of the songs that you hear over and over are a bit cheesy and get old because you've been hearing them for 30+ years, but there are some underlying tunes that really are very memorable and just well written. Or, it could be that I like to drink at the beach and a lot of the songs put me in that mindset. Eh, either way...it's a good way to spend a hot afternoon.

speaking of flowered shirts and bikini tops.....(well, no bikini top for me, thankyouverymuch)

I'm on day 7 of Not Eating Like A 14 Year Old as per suggested by my oh-so Bi friend as he listened while I lamented not being able to quite rock my favourite pair of pants the other evening. By day 7, I really mean like Day 4 because over the weekend I couldn't resist bacon egg and cheese burgers for breakfast and homemade mac and cheese that afternoon. Hey, I'm a sucker for good cookin'. Growing up in the mountains and living now in the "valley," man I do like to eat. Especially if I'm fighting off a hangover. Besides, a salad is good. Really good if you do it up right. But, it's not a fucking meal. It just can't be. But, I physically feel better, other than being ravenous all the time, so I guess I'll stick it out for awhile. I'd hate to have a heart attack at 35 getting up to go to the fridge. Now if I was having wild monkey sex? Hell, when it's your time, it's your time.

Half day today and no plans for the rest of the weekend....I think this just might be Heaven.......

No comments: